Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why Rhapsody's Rescue

Rhapsody's Rescue is the name of Locksmith business my mother started in the 80's.  It was just her and her light blue cargo van, with "Rhapsody's Rescue" scrawled in cursive along the side. She was known for being... not what you would imagine to show up when you are locked out.  My pretty little momma, long red hair, doused in freckles, and the best damn locksmith you'd ever imagine.


I went to visit my mother recently, in Carlsbad, CA.  Every time I see her I try to draw as many stories from her as possible.  Her life interests me abundantly, and I simply can't get enough of the things she has to say.  She tells me of the agreement she made with the local limo company; that she would locksmith for free, as long as when my father came back from sea they would take her to pick him up; his Navy buddies seething with jealousy.


My mom is smart woman.. always using the resources provided to come up with the best possible solution. Talk about making something from nothing;  I have countless "poor man" recipes that she used religiously to feed all her little chickadees.. and their friends.






Speaking of chickadees, I am the youngest of 5, no 6, no 7..  I grew up with four sisters, but as life would have it, I have two brothers as well, one from mom, and one from dad... both named Joshua.  My sisters and I were all 'gifted' with musical names; which throughout my life has proven to cycle from gift to curse to gift again.  All in all, I suppose I like having a unique name, and a themed family, though I am not sure how Harmony, Melody, Rhapsody, or Symphony feel.  That's right, there is a Rhapsody.. hence the inspiration for Rhapsody's Rescue.


And that is pretty much what this is all about.. making something from nothing... or at least something from just a little.  I love to create, and though I realize there are far more talented beings out there, I enjoy the accomplishment of the end result.  This is about the things I make, the brands I like, and the money I save in doing so.  So, here goes something.
                                                                                        
                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment